Monday, January 7, 2013

My Official Rant of 2013

Everyone is making New Year's resolutions, but my Mr. made a great point last night, why are we supposed to make resolutions when it is so stinking cold out? I want to be more active, but I am not that fond of being active and I don't like being cold... so I am going to say my getting more active won't be going down anytime soon!

Anyways instead of a resolution I have chosen to do a rant!

Here goes...

I am officially sick of girls (I'm sure there are some men too) who are in serious relationships but are constantly whining about not being married. I am not talking about those who have been in relationships and are not ready to be married or simply don't want to, but those who are desperate to be married and aren't.

                                          Being engaged was pretty fantabulous if you ask me?

Why would you want to marry someone who obviously doesn't want to marry you? Or keeps pulling you along saying "soon" it is not 1950, and it's not his decision alone. As soon as I met the Mr. I thought "I want that!" and a few months later I knew this was the man I was going to marry, and I told him so. I also told him if we weren't engaged before I graduated I was moving back to St Louis and that was that. So he had about exactly a year to decide if I was the Mrs. for him or not!  

I know that sounds terrible, but my actual thoughts were, "If he doesn't feel the same why about me why would I waste my time?" We looked at rings after 8 months, to my surprise on his suggestion and were engaged at 10 months. Now how we got engaged and married certainly isn't  for everyone, but my point is, don't settle if you aren't getting what you need or want.

A hair stylist told my grandma she was growing her hair out because she thought she would be getting engaged that year. We both thought... "you think you are getting engaged?" This isn't something you talk about? If you don't know I am going to assume that you probably are NOT going anywhere in that relationship!

Hope you enjoyed my rant of 2013, I would love to hear what others' rants are!

No comments:

Post a Comment