Friday, January 11, 2013

Gift Wrapping



I really wanted to wait to post this because I didn't want my sister to see the gift I am bringing to her baby shower but now that I wrapped a second gift I couldn't wait.

As I have mentioned I really try to limit waste and as much as I love wrapping paper and fun gift bags (I used to work at Hallmark, of course I love this stuff) it just ends up getting ripped through and tossed. I hit Pinterest up for gifts using brown paper and newspaper. We don't get the newspaper but we were given a UK paper by the Mr's mom so I have quite the stash now. I came across this great bow! So I keep clicking to find the tutorial, which is of course in German! However there were step by step pictures, and I am a pretty smart girl so I figured it out. I was too lazy to make a tutorial but I will list the steps.

-Cut strips of paper (to desired thickness) and make loops
-Use a dot of glue and press together, for big "bows" use your fingers to get the desired round shape on each side, for small holes use a pencil or paint brush/toothpick whatever.
-Keep making smaller loops and repeating the steps until you have the bow you want
-Cut strips with notches on the end for the ends of the bow

The one of the right I followed the tutorial exactly and wrapped a piece of paper in the middle of the bow, I made 3 loops for the one on the right and just glued them all together.

The paper was a little too boring for me so I used brightly colored paper for the blue one and a piece of craft foam to make the dinosaur on the left.

Now your paper can get one last use before hitting the recycling bin!

No comments:

Post a Comment