Sunday, January 27, 2013

Buffalo Ravs and BWW Worthy Boneless Wings

This past week I made two awesome meals, I almost hate to share them because I want to hoard the awesomeness, but I know how often I get recipes from blogs and how much I appreciate it.

I have realized I will never be a great blogger because I cook just like my Great Grandma Viv, no recipe, a little of this a little of that and you better know your way around a kitchen because I don't direct well, my poor Mr has quite the time getting cooking help for me because I can't wrap my head around the fact that not everyone loves to cook and has been doing so since they were 8!

Buffalo Ravioli

We discovered these at Stefanina's, a local Italian restaurant in Troy Missouri. The concept it so simple yet so tasty... toasted ravioli, in buffalo sauce, dipped in ranch!

You will need:
Pre-packaged toasted ravioli (I used the cheap brand from Hyvee and they were perfect)
3-4 tbs Butter
1/3-1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot
Ranch dressing or Bleu Cheese dressing

Recommended Materials:
Huge bowl w/ lid

I didn't plan on blogging this therefore did not take any pictures, so just use your imagination:

How to:
Cook ravioli's to directions on package
While they are cooking melt butter in pan or microwave... How much butter and sauce you use will make the sauce more mild or hotter, I used 4 tbs butter with 1/4 cup hot sauce and it was very good but almost too mild.
Using whisk or fork blend butter with Frank's (or any other buffalo sauce you enjoy)
Toss ravs and sauce in a large bowl, I have one with a lid so I put the lid on and shake the crap out of it!

Serve with celery, and ranch or bleu cheese. I used the Hidden Valley Ranch from the packet because the bottle kind just wouldn't cut it for these! Enjoy!



BWW Worthy Boneless Wings

No pictures one this one for the same reason as above, I also didn't plan on straying so far from the recipe or on them being so darn good!

The Mr. and I love Buffalo Wild Wing's Boneless wings and though I highly doubt this is how they make theirs, the coating on the chicken was so similar the only real difference was I always get honey BBQ there and I just used original KC Masterpiece on these.  WARNING after typing everything out I realized this is definitely one of those recipes for someone familiar with cooking chicken.

You will need:
1 lb chicken boneless/skinless chicken tenders or breasts (I like the tenders because they tend to be cheaper and you will be cutting them up either way)
3 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour (why not right? But don't try to use more of this flour than regular because it's very grainy and won't stick as well)
2 tbs season salt
1 tsp sea/kosher salt
1/2 tbs black pepper (all of the additional seasonings can be adjusted to taste, or leave some out or add other seasonings if you want)
BBQ Sauce
Water
1 cup canola oil

Recommended Materials:
That big ole bowl again

How to:
Cut the chicken into bit size chunks
With a fork or whisk mix eggs and milk
Soak chicken in egg mixture in the refrigerator for at least 1/2 hour, the recipe said 10 minutes, but my husband wasn't home yet and I didn't like the idea of chicken and egg just sitting out that long so I threw it in the fridge

Preheat oven to 400 F.
Mix flours with your seasonings in large bowls. Remove chicken from egg mixture and coat in flour mixture, then place on a cookie sheet (I covered mine with parchment paper to make clean up faster). Once all pieces are coated and on cookie sheet refrigerate again. I wanted to make sure the mixture was really on there before battering again. After 20 minutes (that was how long it took until the Mr to get home) remove chicken then dunk in egg and re-flour. While doing this heat oil in a pan on about medium. We have a gas stove in our rental and it has a low and a high so this is a guess. Cook about 5 pieces at a time in hot oil using tongs to flip them until golden on both sides (cut into thick pieces if you are worried they aren't done). You will get lots of icky stuff in the pan from the flour breading, so after a few batches I turned the stove off and used a paper towel to blot out the junk!

Once all chicken is cooked, thin out your BBQ sauce with a few tablespoons water... KC Masterpiece is super thick and wonderful and I worried about it sticking to the chicken. In batches place chicken and sauce in bowl and toss with lid on. You can use a big bag or just stir in a bowl if you don't have a bowl with a lid. Place chicken onto a different baking sheet again with parchment paper or aluminum foil (or wash the sheet you used before). When all your chicken is coated cook in oven for 5 minutes, this will cook the sauce onto the chicken. Serve with celery and ranch or bleu cheese. Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment