Thursday, March 7, 2013

Favorite Creulty Free Products

It seems like only a few months ago that I was so frustrated about not being able to find cruelty free (not tested on animals) products in stores. The most popular dogs in researchs labs are beagles, as you may know I have a very very soft spot for all animals especially dogs and especially beagles! I won't horrify you with pictures of lab animals but I think animal testing is just something people never think about.

                                                How cute is my Wonder Woman Beagle?

Last time I got my haircut my stylist was recommending a product and I told her I prefer Paul Mitchell products because they are creulty free and she said "are all the other products really tested on animals?" it's just one of those things no one and thinks about and until recently it was so hard to find cleaning/beauty products that weren't tested on animals!

Unfortunately for me my blog is not sponsered so I am not a paid advertiser but I just wanted to share my favorite products and where I got them in case you ever feel the need to be creulty free! Of course not all of our products are cruelty free, it makes no sense to throw things out, I already paid for them and thus supported the company's practices but I am in the process of making our house a "cruelty free" home!

                                                     My humble collection

Here we go...





Brand: Seventh Generation
What: Laundry/dish detergent, they also make paper products
Where: HyVee, Target and Whole Foods
Other: Also paraben free, meaning if it ever ends up in a lake it will break down and not effect the natural habitat















Brand: J.R. Watkins
What: All Purpose cleaner
Where: Target
Other: Smells great

Brand: Paul Mitchell
What: Shampoo and other hair products
Where: Almost any salon from Great Clips to the fancy places I don't go to
Other: It isn't cheap but priced the same as the other salon only shampoo.












Brand: Yes (yes to cucumber, carrots, etc)
What: Body wash and lotion, etc
Where: HyVee and Whole Foods
Other: It smells just like fresh cut cucumbers and is just super clean feeling




Brand: Tom's of Maine
What: Toothpaste
Where: HyVee and Whole Foods
Other: This has to be one of the most socially conscious companies out there, natural products, recycling, employees are paid to volunteer, you name it! 



I forgot to take a pic of our hand soap but we use Bath and Body Works because none of their products are tested on animals, and all their stuff is cute which is a plus.

I used to be really into cleaning products and cosmetics so I had a bunch of everything, but my step father in law was more than happy to crush my love of these products by explaining to me how they are all the same (he has a Ph.D. in chemistry so I know he's right). I still have quite a bit of stuff but I don't plan on replacing all of it when it runs out. I am always finding more and more organic products at every store I go to, if the same demand is there for cruelty free products I can only guess companies would make these products available!

No comments:

Post a Comment